Capture the learning with these free tools.
- Encourage students to review lectures outside of class
- Assist students with learning disabilities
- Refine your lesson presentation
Lecture capture is a great way to move content delivery outside of class time, allowing more opportunity in class for activity, application, and discussion. Record your lectures with one of the tools recommended here and post them to your course management system, blog, or website.
- Any MP3 recorder–Record and post audio only; edit with Audacity (PC and Mac)
- Jing–Screen capture (PC and Mac)
- Adobe Presenter–Add voice to PowerPoint (PC only; Mac users try Parallels or Bootcamp)
You can also use these tools to develop and refine your own skills as a presenter by capturing and reviewing what you say during class and what students see on your computer screen.
Contact Jeff Fox for help using any of these tools.
These tools are available to everyone.