Office Location: 3811 HBLL
Trav Johnson oversees consultants at the Center for Teaching & Learning, who assist faculty members, departments, and colleges in improving courses and programs. This includes gathering feedback on teaching and using this feedback to enhance teaching and student learning. Trav also helps direct the BYU online student rating system. Trav joined CTL in June 2007 after working for eight years in the BYU Faculty Center supporting the assessment and improvement of teaching, the campus student rating system, and TA training.
Before coming to BYU, Trav worked in the Office of Instructional Resources at the University of Illinois where he coordinated faculty and course evaluation programs and worked with faculty and TAs to improve instruction. Trav has also held positions at American College Testing (ACT), the University of Iowa in both the Center for Teaching and the Center for Evaluation and Assessment, and Syracuse University in the Center for Instructional Development. Trav has taught a variety of courses in education, psychology, and evaluation at the University of Iowa, Salt Lake Community College, and BYU.
- Use of faculty and course evaluation in instructional improvement
- Evaluation approaches that promote understanding and collegiality and that meet needs for accountability
- Educational evaluation and improvement (has published articles and given conference presentations on many related topics)
- PhD Educational Psychology, The University of Iowa, 1996
- MS Instructional Design, Development, and Evaluation, Syracuse University, 1992
- BS cum laude, Psychology, Brigham Young University, 1990